Rhode Island Central Service
Welcome to Rhode Island Central Service.
1005 Waterman Avenue, East Providence, 02914
Fax - (401)438-8826
Hours of Operation
Monday, Tuesday, Thrursday, Friday - 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Wednesday - 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
• Provides help and information for anyone seeking help with a drinking problem or needing general knowledge about AA-both during normal office hours or via 24/7 Answering service.
• Is the centralized source for meeting information and publishes the RI AA meeting list as well as maintaining the on-line meeting schedule
• Publishes and mails the monthly bulletin “today” to all registered group secretaries and CSR. This communications serves all RI Entities and groups, providing information on all group schedule changes, anniversaries, social events, and opportunities for service.
• Maintains a comprehensive inventory of AA literature as well as medallions, chips, cards, and other recovery related items to serve as a clearinghouse to the groups we serve.
• Coordinates 12step activities for newcomers to AA as well as for AA with special needs
• Cooperates with RI DWI program by arranging for volunteer AA speakers
• Organizes social events for AA members
• Maintains a lending library of AA speakers and conventions on cassette or CD
• Provides monthly forum via Delegates meeting for input and guidance from the groups and other AA entities
• Host a weekly AA meeting Wednesday 5-6 p.m.