today - To Carry the Message
Rhode Island Central Service
April 19, 2013
(401) 438 8860
ANNIVERSARIES - Guest Speakers & Buffet
- Thursday, May 2nd - Kingston - WE WANT TO LIVE - Kingston Congregational Church, 2610 Kingstown Rd., 7:30PM (25th Anniversary)
- Thursday, May 2nd - NORTH SCITUATE - St. Joseph’s Church,144 Danielson Pk., 8PM (39th Anniversary) - Potluck Supper at 7PM- Meeting at 8PM
- Saturday, May 4th - Fall River, MA – HOPE – Cardinal Medeiros Towers, 1197 Robeson St. 10 AM (14th Anniversary)
- Saturday, May 4th - Kingston - SATURDAY NIGHT - St Augustine’s Church, 35 Lower College Rd., 7:30PM (38th Anniversary)
- Friday, - May 17th - Tiverton - KEEP IT SIMPLE - St. Theresa’s Church, 265 Stafford Rd., (5th Anniversary) 7PM-9PM ***with AL-ANON Participation****
- Sunday, May 19th - Woonsocket - HAPPY WANDERERS - Senior Citizens’ Center, 84 Social Street, 11:00AM (50th Anniversary)
- Thursday, May 23rd - Providence-YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE IRISH - Church of the Redeemer, 655 Hope St., 7:30PM (24th Anniversary) **Pot Luck Buffett**
- Wednesday, May 29th - Middletown - BY THE BOOK - St. Columba’s Parish Hall, 55Vaucluse Ave., 6PM (10thAnniversary) ***Pizza Party****
- Friday, June 7th - Middletown - CLEAN & SOBER - St. Columba Parish Hall, 55 Vaucluse Ave., 7AM (24th Anniversary) - followed by “Coffee &”
- Sunday, June 9th - Portsmouth - SUNDAY MORNING - Common Fence Point Community Center, 933 Anthony Rd, 10:30AM (36th Anniversary) *Brunch Buffett*
NOTICES FROM CENTRAL SERVICE
- The next regular meeting for Central Service Delegates will be held on Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Hope Congregational Church, 120 Wampanoag Trail, East Providence
New Delegates at 7:15 PM, Regular Meeting at 7:30 PM
- We need volunteers to help with our monthly mailing - takes less than one hour -The next mailing will take place at Central Service on Wed., May 22nd at 10AM
- Central Service will sponsor our annual GOLF SCRAMBLE on Friday, June 7th, at the Laurel Lane Country Club, 309 Laurel Lane, West Kingston- $100 per person includes Greens fees, Carts, Golf balls, Prizes, and Barbeque - A.A Members Only!!!-Applications have been sent to all registered group secretaries-
- RI Central Service will sponsor “A DAY AT THE PAWSOX” on Wednesday July 3rd at McCoy Stadium - Tickets are $27 per person - includes All-you-can-eat barbeque starting at 4:05 PM. Admission to baseball game starting at 6:05 PM followed by a fireworks display – Come enjoy food, fellowship and fun.
Tickets available at Central Service or Mail-in form sent to all registered group secretaries /available on line
- The Washington Park group will host the first “Central Service Traveling Bookstore” on Tuesday May 14th -
Assorted AA literature will be available for sale before and after the meeting.
*If you have a special request for a particular item – call ahead so we make sure we have it on hand*
***Please note the deadline for submitting any information for the next “today” is Thursday May 16th ***
- Warwick - ANCHOR II - Open Discussion, 890 Centerville Rd., Thursdays at 4PM
ONE DAY ONLY
- Providence - ROOM TO GROW - will not meet on Sunday May 26th.
- East Providence - AA 911 - Open meeting - Bethany Church of the Nazarene, 1275 Pawtucket Ave., Tuesday at 7:30PM
- Attleboro, MA - AFTER HOURS - Open Discussion. Cameron Bldg., 68 Falmouth St., Fridays at 10PM
- Coventry - WOMEN & THE SOLUTION - Closed Big Book (Women), Cornerstone of Faith UMC, 1081 Main St. (Rte.117), Tuesdays at 7:30PM
- Providence - PASS IT ON - Open Step, Providence Presbyterian Church, 500 Hope St., Sundays at 7PM
- The next meeting for Southern R.I. Intergroup Representatives will be held on Thursday, May 2nd, 2013 - Craik Building, 2845 Post Rd., Warwick, New Intergroup Reps. 6:45PM - Regular Meeting 7 PM.
- The DAY AT A TIME group will host a JOY OF SERVICE - Roger Williams Hospital, Kay Auditorium, 825 Chalkstone Ave., Providence - Sunday, May 5th at 10AM
- RI Archives Committee will host an Open House - RI AREA 61 OFFICE, 3649 Post Rd, Warwick, Wednesday May 22nd at 7PM - Recording old timers sharing their experience, strength & hope. - “HOW IT WAS WHEN THEY CAME THROUGH THE DOORS OF AA IN RI” - See AA History in Action - Meet new Friends
- The 37th ANNUAL OCEAN STATE YOUNG PEOPLES’ CONFERENCE OF A.A - “Serenity By The Sea “ will take place June 21st, 22nd,& 23rd, 2013 at Salve Regina University, Newport, RI - Registration fee of $225 is due by June 14th, 2013 Includes accommodations, meals, lots of meetings and dancing. Limited space, so register early.
For more information email Area61OSYPCRegistrar@Rhodeisland-aa.org
Each group has but one primary purpose
to carry its message to the alcoholic who still suffers.